Information on the changes to the Work Health and Safety laws can be found on the Safe Work Australia website. Safe Work Australia is an Australian statutory agency established in 2009 with the primary responsibility of improving work health and safety and workers’ compensation arrangements across Australia. Safe Work Australia represents a genuine partnership between governments, unions and industry. Together they work towards the goal of reducing death, injury and disease in the workplace.
Work Health and Safety
If you or a friend has been affected by the death of a loved one and you are in need of support, counselling or just someone to talk to, the following links to support groups around Australia may be of assistance to you.
- Asbestos Diseases Foundation of Australia
- Asbestos Diseases Society of Australia
- Injured Workers Support Group
- Mesothelioma & Asbestos Cancer Resource Centre
- Mesothelioma Fund
- Mesothelioma Guide
- Mesothelioma Prognosis Network
- Mesothelioma Resource Online
- Pleural Mesothelioma Centre
- The Bernie Banton Foundation
- Work Injured Resource Connection
- Workplace Tragedy Family Support Group
Last modified on Thursday 5 October 2017 [45|316]